AT&T telecommunication company subsidiary Bellsouth is known for offering high-speed internet service along with incredible email services for users from all over the globe. Bellsouth email is quite a popular email service among AT&T email users. Bellsouth has spread its services over to 18 countries, which is a praiseworthy achievement for a telecommunication company. The millions of users are being served by the company and are growing with every rapid speed. However, users of Bellsouth also face issues and many troubles creating accounts with this platform. Hence, we have come with an absolute guide that unfolds everything about Bellsouth email services from sign-up to login issues.
How do I Login to my Bellsouth net email?
- First, open the browser and go to bellsouth.net mail login page, now click on the “Setup an email account”
- Enter the name that you desire for your account.
- Click ‘Next’ followed by entering your mail ID.
- Click ‘Next, you will redirect to the page where you will have to pick your incoming mail server. Choose one from ‘POP3’ or IMAP and settings are given in the below sections for both server types.
- To keep your account safe try to create a strong password containing numerals, alphabets, and special characters.
- Now click ‘next’ to finish the process.
POP3 and IMAP Settings for Bellsouth Email
Before setting up an account with Bellsouth email you will need to have the POP3 and IMAP settings for smooth setup.
Account type: POP3
Incoming Mail Server: inbound.att.net
Port number: 995
Outgoing Mail Server: outbound.att.net
Port number: 465
Encryption Security: SSL
Account type: IMAP
Incoming Mail Server: imap.mail.att.net
Port number: 993
Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.mail.att.net
Port number: 587
Encryption Security: SSL
Using these settings, you can log in to your Bellsouth net email account.
Bellsouth Email Login Issue
Every now and then, you might face login issues with your Bellsouth email account, there might be a number of reasons for that such as forgetting your username and password. However, if you forget to use your account for more than 6 months it might get disabled and an account locked issue occurs. Here is the list of common Bellsouth email login problems.
- The Bellsouth Email Website might be down or the server having an issue.
- Internet connection might create an issue, so check your Internet connection before connecting to Bellsouth email service.
- Wrong login credentials, especially the password of your Bellsouth email account.
- You’ve forgotten the password of your Bellsouth email account
- Security programs such as Antivirus and Firewall of your device may be hampering the functioning of Bellsouth email service.
- You may have an outdated, obsolete web browser and haven’t cleared the history of the browser.
- You might have configured your Bellsouth mail account with the wrong server settings.
Workarounds to fix Bellsouth Email Login Errors
Considering the above causes for Bellsouth login issues, we have provided an effective solution that helps to get rid of the Bellsouth mail login problems.
Check Bellsouth Email Server
The first step to fix the issues is to know the reason, hence, you need to check whether the issue is from the service provider or not. To know that, visit the down detector website or downrightnow, where you will be able to see if the server is down or not.
Check Your Internet Connection
Internet connection is responsible for everything we do on the internet world, a minor problem with the network can ruin the functioning. Hence, you need to check the devices for signal strength or router to see the range of the network. If you found something fishy, contact the internet service providers or try to resolve it manually by underneath steps;
You should instantly reset your current network via— ‘Windows Start Menu > Control Panel > All Control Panel Items >Internet Options > Advanced > Reset > OK.’
Reset Your Bellsouth Email Account Password
Password-related issues are common with every email client; hence, email clients provide the solution to fix this issue. There might be a number of reasons which cause the password-related issue such as the user has forgotten it, someone else hacked your account and now you are enabled to access it. However, the only solution for all password problems is to reset them. Resetting your password at regular intervals can save your account from online threats and hacking attempts. Follow the underneath steps to reset your Bellsouth net webmail account.
Browse the Bellsouth email login page or to the AT&T password reset page
There you will see the “Find your Password” option click on it
Now enter the User ID and last name and click on Continue
Next, you will get 3 options to choose to reset your password
Answer Your Security Questions
Answer your security questions that you’ve selected while creating your Bellsouth email account and once you provide the right answer, you’ll be able to access the final ‘Password Reset Page.’
Receive a verification code on Your Alternate Email or, on Your Registered Number
In this option, you need to provide your secondary email address or your registered phone number to get the verification code and once you receive it, enter the code in the asked place then after you will be able to reset the password
Get a Temporary Password
If you select this method, you need to provide an email address to receive a temporary password on it. After providing the same you will be able to set a new password for your account.
After following the above steps, you will be able to regain access to your Bellsouth email account.
How to Create a Secure Mail Key in Bellsouth.net email?
A password is the best protector of your account but what if you get the chance to double your account security. Having a secure mail key is the best way to enhance your account safety, and Bellsouth email users are privileged to have this feature. To create a secure mail key, follow the underneath steps;
- At first, go to your Bellsouth email account’s profile page.
- Click on the ‘Sign in Info’ option to select the email account for which you want to create a secure mail key.
- Now you’ve to move down to the Secure mail key section and click on ‘Manage Secure Mail Key.’
- Next, click on the ‘Add Secure Mail Key’ option and select ‘Create Secure Mail Key’ for your Bellsouth email account.
- Finally, copy that secure mail key and press the ‘OK button.
- Now, use that secure mail key, try logging into your Bellsouth email account.